2773 21st Street Tel (415) 968-3017
Fax (415) 282-7501
Monday - Friday 9am to 1pm
~Try Outs - VERY IMPORTANT
Coaches - please give info to your players and parents and come out and support the MYSL Travel program. This is in the best interest of the players as it allows them to grow and reach their own potential. It is also a good experience for the kids and the coaches! If you don't let them participate, they will only be able to play as high as Upper and won't have the opportunity to play teams outside of the city an develop their skills. We did not see any players from Jamestown, United SC, Alianza, Chivas 2001, Chivas Girls, Boca, Revolution, Eagles, or Bay City.
Here is the schedule for Crocker this Saturday:
9 am u-9 for next fall
10.30 am u-10 next fall
1 pm u-11 for next fall
2.30 pm u-12 for next fall
4 pm u-13 for next fall
Kids should bring water and a ball (and shin guards and cleats)
Also, we need adult/coach volunteers at Crocker #1 and #5 this Saturday for Tryouts. 8:30 - 6:00 pm. Please look for Lalo Godinez as he will be running the try-outs.
~Spring Registration - VERY IMPORTANT
If the following teams have not turned in their Fall rosters showing who is playing for Spring (even if there are no changes), they must do so RIGHT AWAY. You are already at risk of being wait listed because it is so late.
000008 SF Green 99
000009 Bay Area Scores
000011 Green 2000
000013 JT Cougars
000016 Bay City
000017 Green 98
000030 JT Internationals
000042 SF United Girls
000044 Boca Jrs
The same goes for the following teams for Upper House. If you do not turn in your Fall rosters, you will not get the blue, Spring roster:
U10B Mission GS White 2000
U11B MYSL SF United Boys
U12B Mission White 98
U12B MYSL Alianza Boys
U14G MYSL Chivas 96
For those of you that have not already done so, the packets are ready to pick up at the MYSL office for Fall registration.
1) We put a lot of effort into meeting the schedule requests. We met about 90% of them. Note that teams may not reschedule games on their own. Because of the combination of our desire to give everyone 8 games, a large number of bye requests, and a large number of odd-numbered groupings, there are a lot of teams that will have double-headers on the last week of the season (5/21).
2) We have sent out the information to the clubs in SSF and San Bruno asking for time and field information for their games. Those games could be scheduled on either Sat or Sun. We will update the schedule for the whole season as soon as possible.
3) We do not keep standings in the Spring, but we will report scores. Even the state-wide premier elite travel division doesn't keep standings in the spring. Spring is for development and fun. Encourage your kids to take a risk and try to beat someone on the dribble. Work on back passes. Try to score goals off of headers. Try to score a goal off the kick-off. Try to "nutmeg" or "sombrero" an opponent. Remind the kids that soccer is a game.
4) If you are in a lopsided game, please do something to even out the game. Remove players, Have your defense play offense and vice-versa. Have your goalie play striker. Yes, I know that UH is competitive, but your players can learn a lot by playing other positions in this situation.
5) We are a volunteer board and volunteers have other priorities that come up or people get burnt out. Jon and Sam have done their tour of duty as co-VP for UH and have stepped down. Po Bronson (Boys U10) has agreed to step up as co-VP for UH. We need another volunteer to help, preferably a current U10 or U11 coach or team manager. I started UH with no idea what I was doing, so don't let a lack of experience stop you from getting involved. If you and your children are enjoying the program, then get involved. Don't assume that someone else will take care of it. Please let Po or I know if you are interested.
There are many new coaching courses listed on the CYSA site. For those of you needing F, E, or E/D, there are courses in San Bruno and Palo Alto. Here is the link to the page on the CYSA North site. Go to this page and then go forward through the individual course pages. You may need to copy and past this link into your browser.
If you are planning any scrimmages, friendly practice matches, or any non-league play, you MUST fill out a form on the District 1 web site AND you must arrange at least one certified referree for the match. If you do not do this, your team is not insured. The link for the form on the D1 site follows. You may need to copy and past this link into your browser for it to work. Please note that there was a mistake in the link information the last time that I sent it, so make sure you use this link!!!!!