If you are planning on applying for one of the Nor Cal Cups (State Cup, Association Cup, President's Cup, Founder's Cup) you should have done so by now. Please make sure that you selected the "pay by check" option, printed a copy of your application and provided that copy to Mr. Guzman at the MYSL office so that we can send a check. If you are unsure of which cup to apply to, please contact Mr. Guzman. If you have applied but did not select the pay by check option and submitted to MYSL for payment, please let Mr. Guzman know.
Also please note that for U9 through U11 teams can increase their roster limits (FOR CUP PLAY ONLY) to whatever the cup limit is!
~2012 Grade 8 Ref Course
The dates for this 18 hour course are November 5,7,14,17. For more information, please contact Joaquin Trigueros
San Bruno Lowen to hold a Grade 8 Clinic in December - more information to follow or contact Charlie Riggenberg
~F Coaching Course
South San Francisco F License Coaching Course is being held on November 9 and 11, 2012. Here is the detail from their web site:
We are offering an coaching F license course at Brisbane Elementary starting Friday, November 9. There will be a 6-9pm classroom session on 11/9 and field work on Sunday, 11/11, 9am-1pm. Coaches must attend both sessions. All coaches who plan to continue coaching in CalNorth (CYSA) must have at least an F license. We can accept up to 2 coaches per team. Please only attend or refer new coaches who plan to either be the head coach or assistant coach next spring. For comp teams, a manager can also take the course.
The class will be at Brisbane Elementary School in Brisbane, 500 San Bruno Ave. To reserve a spot, click on the link below and request a spot. It is a simple process. We will not take verbal or email requests. You must sign up through the online signup. If you have to cancel, you must do so by 11/2 or be charged the full $45 fee. The league will pay for SSF coaches. Non-SSF coaches must pay the $45 fee.
Our District 1 coach administrator, Jose De Araujo, will give the course. Coaches love him. You will enjoy the class, learn a lot, hear Jose talk about the superiority of Brazilian soccer and get a work out on Sunday. We will do a barbecue lunch after the Sunday session.
To be held January 12 and 26, 2013. Coaches in this age group are encouraged to sign up. More information go follow. (PAL will also be holding a Grade 9 ref clinic in Feburary 2013.)
The ODP program will be undergoing many changes in the coming year. One of these changes is that they will have scouts at the Cups this year. They will be scouting players in the 1997, 1998, 1999 and 2000 age groups.
There are some new rules for CCSL so please check the web site. For example, in U10 there are now penalties and in U9 there are free kicks.
More about CCSL
You do not need a guest player form for the CCSL games
1. Printing game cards and entering scores in GotSoccer - detailed instructions on printing Match Cards and inputting scores with screenshots.(attached)
2. Instructions on scheduling and rescheduling games, reassigning home/away games, contacting other teams.
3. Game Day Instructions - printing match cards, entering scores, guest player policy.(attached)
4. Send-off, coach dismissal procedures.
5. Entering fields and scheduling games - more detailed instructions in GotSoccer with screenshots.
6. CCSL Playing Rules.
7. Coast Section Variation - 8v8 Team Playing Rules. Just added!
Guest Player Rules
Guest Playing Rules can be confusing - below are the rules with examples for clarification. If you have further questions regarding a player's eligibility to guest play, please don't hesitate to ask!
There are NO Guest players allowed in the Viking League games, either CCSL Prep League or Rec League.
Guest Players are allowed in the CCSL travel league, under certain conditions :
Please do not enter guest players on your team roster into GotSoccer to print onto the Match Cards. You may handwrite in your guest players onto the Match Cards after they have been printed.
Cal North Guest Player Policy:
Guest players may be used per the Cal North Guest Player Policy (PIM 09-3) with exceptions stated below. PIM 09-3 includes these provisions:
1. The Guest player must be rostered on a team within the same registration league as the team on which the player will be guesting. (That means Viking League Players- no Mission League or any other League)
2. The soccer age of the guest player must be the same soccer age or younger than the age group of the team on which the player will be guesting. A player who plays "up" on a U12 team, but is age eligible for u11, may guest on a u11 team.
3. The credentials for the guest player must be from the same season as those being used by the team on which the player will be guesting.
4. The coach of the borrowing team must have in his/her possession the player's approved member pass and the current Cal North Membership Form (Form 1601) for the guest player with the medical release and the hold harmless section signed in original ink by the parent or guardian or by the guest player if the player has reached eighteen (18) years of age.
CCSL Specific Guest Rules:
1. The maximum number of guest players allowed is three (3) per match.
2. A player may be on a Match Report (including guest play) for a maximum of two matches per day.
3. Players on the roster of a U10 and younger team may guest play on any team in any Division at their soccer age or older.
4. Players on the roster of a U11 and older team may guest play at the same Division or higher (e.g. a player rostered on a bronze team may guest play on any bronze or higher team at the player's soccer age or older).
1. A U10 aged player, who is registered on a U11 aged Sil-ver team, may NOT guest to a U10 aged Bronze or Copper team. They may guest to a U10 aged Silver or Gold team only. They may also guest to a U11 or older aged Silver or Gold team, but may NOT guest to a U11 or older aged Bronze or Copper team.
2. A player rostered on a U14 Silver team, may guest play to any U14 aged or older Silver, Silver Elite, Gold, or Premier team. The player may NOT guest to any Copper or Bronze team, no matter what the age of the team.
3. A player rostered on a U9 Gold team may guest play to any U9 aged or older team in any division.
4. The team a player is rostered on is not playing on a particular day. On that day the player may guest play a maximum of two games .
5. A team a player is rostered on is playing and the player plays with the team. On that day the player may guest play in one other match
~Reminders and Updates
-Please remember to check web sites weekly for updates